Customized Weather Briefing for the Transat Jacques Vabre 2017
Great Circle, has provided for 10 years marine weather routing for racing yachts worldwide. We will share with you our experience in weather briefings which cover such races as the Volvo Ocean Race, Vendée Globe, Route du Rhum, Transat Jacques Vabre, Fastnet Race, Newport - Bermuda, Sydney-Hobart, Figaro solo, etc.
What sets us apart from the numerous sources including abundant cheap weather data available on the web: we provide our clients with an in-depth understanding of the entire weather situation based on previous races we personally did or supported.
We believe it is essential our clients understand how we came to the range of advices we provide. What lies behind our racing/routing proposal, why and how some forecasts comparisons will give you the comprehensive understanding of the various scenario.
We will discuss various possibilities which might occur during the race:
- What if the wind backs, …?
- What if the wind drops, …?
- What if I’m late on the current, …?
We let you know what different scenarios you can expect based on the observations around you, and how they might evolve.
In short this is what we can provide :
A customized ROADBOOK before the start of the TJV 2017, about 25 pages focusing on:
- General weather situation and forecast for the start and first days of race;
- Local effects, sea breezes and tidal currents;
- Day/night variations of wind force and directions along the coastline;
- Sea current at critical waypoints
- Different scenario for the race according to weather forecasts and ensemble models
- The best models to download for each area
This document will be adjusted according to your own possibilities and preferences (boat speed, polar file, crew level, safety instructions for night sailing, spinnaker practice, …).
The GreatCircle RoadBook and customized weather briefing, following a proposed schedule and potentiel postponement of the start included :
D-5 to D-2 :
- First analysis of the race with main key points sent by e-mail
- Update of the analysis + full roadbook
- Custom weather briefing by skype or in situ
- Update of analysis at 10 pm
D day :
- Update of the analysis at 09 am
- Conference call if needed
All weather briefings and roadbooks will be sent by email in PDF format.
Cost: 680€ ex VAT. (special discount for Class40 members)
Contact us as soon as possible to book your Transat Jacques Vabre 2017 weather briefing !