Pre Start weather briefing
PERFORM AND BE SAFE DURING YOUR NEWPORT BERMUDA RACE :
- Access the best weather data for marine forecast and routing
- Get a customized pre-start weather briefing
With our "HIRES World & Satellite" package, you get the best marine weather forecast data for your offshore race. These high-quality weather data will allow you to anticipate all weather phenomena such as wind and gales, to visualize birth of depressions, to avoid lack of wind zone, etc. Access via our SQUID software and/or the mobile app (IOS & Android) will allow you to sail safely and optimize your route to increase your performance.
This subscription includes global models such as ICON Global,GFS, Arpège and also the Gulfstream forecast with MyOcean Mercator.
Finally, the routing calculated on our servers will bring safety and comfort to your navigation while reducing satellite communication costs. In fact, there is no need to download a large GRIB file to calculate optimal routing with high resolution models. SQUID calculates your route on our "cloud", only a few kilobytes transfer is needed for this feature !
Gain access to the best marine weather forecast & routing as from USD 359,00 (299,00 €) taxes included.
Great Circle has provided for 10 years marine weather routing for racing yachts worldwide. We share with you our experience in weather briefings that cover races such as the Volvo Ocean Race, Vendée Globe, Route du Rhum, Transat Jacques Vabre, Fastnet Race, Newport - Bermuda, RORC Transat., Figaro solo, Rolex Middle Sea Race, Rolex Sydney-Hobart, etc.
What sets us apart from the numerous sources including abundant cheap weather data available on the web: we provide our clients with an in-depth understanding of the entire weather situation based on previous races we personally did or supported.
We believe it is essential that our clients understand how we came to the range of advices we provide. What lies behind our racing/routing proposal, why and how some forecasts comparisons will give you the complete understanding of the various scenario.
We discuss various possibilities which might occur during the race:
- What if the wind backs, …?
- What if the wind drops, …?
- What if I’m late on the current, …?
We let you know what different scenarios you can expect based on the observations around you, and how they might evolve.
In short, we can provide :
A customized ROADBOOK before the start focusing on:
- General weather situation and forecast for the start and first days of race
- Local effects, sea breezes and tidal currents
- Day/night variations of wind force and directions along the coastline
- Sea current at critical waypoints
- Different scenario for the race according to weather forecasts and ensemble models
- Tropical storms warning and alerts
- The best models to download for each area
This document will be adjusted according to your own possibilities and preferences (boat speed, polar file, crew level, safety instructions for night sailing, spinnaker practice…).
The Great Circle RoadBook and customized weather briefing, following a proposed schedule and potentiel postponement of the start includes :
D-3 & D-2 :
- First analysis of the race with main key points sent by e-mail
- Update of the analysis + full roadbook
- Custom weather briefing by Skype or in situ
- Updated analysis at 10 pm
D day :
- Updated analysis at 09 am
- Conference call if needed
All weather briefings and roadbooks will be sent by email in PDF format.
Cost: 600,00 USD (480,00 €) ex VAT.
Contact us as soon as possible to book your offshore race weather briefing !